State 1697 (after the reconstruction)

State 1697 (after the reconstruction)

P

Bridge from XII. century

T

Tower at the bridge-head; 1476 - 1482

CN

First buildings of defences and first tower; 1476 - 1482

B

First building; 1482 - 1496

SO

Defence south and east; beginning of the XVI century

E3

Enlargement of the rooms about the old road to Monthey; 1646 - 1651

A

Additional building; 1697

Picture 1 from the epoch                 If the window does not open here click

D

Location of the Tower Dufour from 1815 (point of reference for orientation)

Picture 2 from the epoch                 If the window does not open here click

Bibliography: DUBUIS /  LUGON;  GUIDES DU CHÂTEAU ET DES FORTIFICATIONS DE SAINT-MAURICE

                     Canton museum for military history VS

Home  /  ©  2006, Forteresse historique de St-Maurice /  Webmaster
Dernière révision 03.05.2014